Thursday, July 2, 2015

Magnificentissimo

Magnificentissimo

I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed by Madeline Faiella about mixed media, artistic process, authenticity, influences, and more. You can read the highlights of our conversation here on the Mixed Media Art blog.

Some excerpts...

"There is a story and a sense of history that can be found in the layers of materials that make up a mixed media piece."

"Ultimately I am creating both from and for myself. What I do has to be an expression of me or it is not worth doing."

"I am still and will forever be developing my voice as a mixed media artist."

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your story, Seth!

elle said...

It'll be an epic story, Seth! :)

Caterina Giglio said...

I couldn't agree more... and your work is exquisite...

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

VERY NICE!

Francine Perri said...

Hey Seth How are you? I love this piece You really did a fantastic job Sorry I won't see you at AIY this year, but maybe next year, keep up the great work. by the way, I wanted to let you know some of my work is being put in a juried gallery show. So exciting well take care, talk to you soon
Francine Perri

Unknown said...

wonderful...I am becoming more and more in love with peoples stories

Sharmon Davidson said...

that piece certainly is "magnificentissimo!
love your statements and look forward to reading the whole interview.

trish quilty said...

Great interview Seth. I am always pleased to hear what you are saying in our artist world. Alos love this piece!

jacki long said...

A wonderful interview Seth.
You are kind, giving and so very talented.
I enjoyed your words and views, thank you both for sharing.

layers said...

I love your piece here.. and your interview with the excerpts here are simply wonderful.

Jackie PN said...

Excellent interview Seth!! And I adore this piece as well!!")

A Magical Whimsy said...

Yeah! This piece is spectacular. Loved the interview too. Thanks for the link.