Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Week Links: 25

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week.
All previous links can be found here.

And here is Week 25...


Loving this piece from Finnabair. The colors and the layers are incredible.

For the upcoming holidays, pledge to #givebooks.

Next in the series on paint brushes from Ronda Palazzari: cleaning and care.

Best workshop review ever from Laura Roberts.

Fascinating video: live painting of of a women's life from infancy to old age. Link sent to me by Jacki Long.

Who knew that beer bottle tops and tea could make this? Alice Fox did.

I have been hearing great things about this book by Lisa Congdon. And here is one of her blog posts about doing the work.

The beauty of the discarded. Images of an abandoned textile mill via Patricia Thornhill.

13 comments:

Brian Kasstle said...

Oh what a wonderful collection of links to inspire us Seth! Makes me want to get my hands dirty AND makes me think. I need to get my butt in gear. Thank you for inspiring and waking us up!

Anonymous said...

That live painting was fascinating! It almost seems that life goes that fast at times too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Hastypearl mention, Seth! As you already know, Anytime Anyone can take a workshop with Leslie Marsh or Roxanne Evans Stout...they should RUN!!! Love your Week Links! Running out of space bookmarking my IPad because of YOU:) Laura

Leslie said...

I'll thank you for the Hastypearl mention, too, Seth. And all the other cool things to explore!

Jo Murray said...

A favourite part of my blogging wee, thanks Setho. Finnabair is inspiring, but I am blown away by the sewn rusty bottletops. WOW!

Parabolic Muse said...

This is yummy reading for a Sunday. Isn't Lisa Congdon groovy?

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

THANKS, Seth, for the Inspiration and creative energy!

Gayle Price said...

As always fabulous, interesting and informative links. Thanks Seth for doing all the hard work and bringing me this fix of creative news.

layers said...

Thanks Seth.. .I always like to stop by on Sundays and see what links you have included... it is wonderful to explore

elle said...

YES! give books. Amazing face changes and aging textile mills! :)

Carol said...

Had to wait till today to read all these yummy links. Worth the wait. All inspiring!

Kay Wallace said...

Great picks for this week, Seth. I have shared on Facebook how to care for paint brushes! Loved seeing the photos of the abandoned textile mill, too. Happy Thanksgiving to you and those you love, my friend!

Carol said...

Thanks, Seth, for another wonderful collection. Loved Finnibar and almost cried over the old mill. So much wonder in the world and you do more than your part in sharing it!