Thursday, April 4, 2013

Creating Art...


I am extra-excited to see that Pam Carriker's new book is now available for pre-order. 



Creating Art at the Speed of Life: 30 Days of Mixed-Media Exploration is due to be released in September and I for one cannot wait. And while I am thrilled to be a contributing artist to this book (thanks Pam!), that is honestly not the reason I am so excited. It is because I know Pam and the quality of all her creative work. Her first book Art at the Speed of Life: Motivation + Inspiration for Making Mixed-Media Art Every Day is truly one of my most favorite art books. It checks all the boxes that are important to me in this type of publication. And I just know that her second book will do the same.

I asked Pam to share a bit about her experience in putting together "Creating Art at the Speed of Life" and here is what she had to say:

"Even before I'd met the deadline for my first book. Art at the Speed of Life, I began to jot down notes for a second book. It seemed the more immersed in being creative I became, the more inspiration bubbled out! I truly believe that creativity begets creativity. There was so much more I wanted to share about the process of actually making art. I'm a does; it's not enough just to have a great idea, I have to actually roll up my sleeves, dirty my hands and get to work. So I proceeded with plotting out my next book and slowly but surely it has come into being. The process is long, and it seems an eon ago that I first whispered the words about what I'd like to do next to a few close friends. The giant white board in my studio is never blank for before I'm finished with the project on it there are yellow sticky notes with ideas of what will follow. I hope this never ends, it's the part about being a creative person that I love the most."

I hope it never ends too Pam!

6 comments:

elle said...

absolutely! Creativity begets creativity. :)

Pam Carriker said...

So thrilled to have you contribute your amazing art to my upcoming book Seth!! Looking forward to seeing you in NYC if not before~

Darlene K Campbell said...

This is so true Pam. If you want ideas to come sit down and create. Simply coloring a white paper with crayons will bring out the ideas. (While you're at it don't forget to smell the crayons.)

Unknown said...

Loved the first book...can't wait for this one!

Jo Murray said...

You insist on tempting the inner 'art book collector' in me Seth. Hmmmmmm...another one on the list.

quinncreative said...

Yep, this sounds like it, too, needs to go on the "must have" list.