Monday, June 30, 2008

Mail Call: Jackpot

When I returned home from Greece, I was lucky to have a number of art-related packages waiting for me. In fact, I hit the jackpot.



I received a small 6" x 6" painting I had purchased from Suzan Buckner's Etsy shop. Just love the vibrant colors, the random drips of paints, and the rough textures. You can also check out her paintings and her unique style of journaling at her blog Thrifty Collage Artist. Be ready for a burst of color.






I also received this stash of original papers from Jan Post as part of a Yahoo group swap of old documents and typography. These will soon find their way into some of my work...although a few of the pages may end up in my large and getting larger pile of art materials that I like too much to ever actually use. Anybody else have that problem?







I got this 5 foot long verdigris cable chain from Brooke Medlin's Etsy shop Gemmafactrix. Not quite sure what I will do with this yet but I loved the patina and thought that it might make a good addition to a handmade book. I love how she used a moo card as her tag for the packaging as well.





This gem came to me from eb at Be...Dream...Play. I received this as part of a project that I am involved with that I will be posting about soon.




As extras, eb also included a few river rocks and Lake Champlain stripeys. Beautiful examples of the art of nature.

11 comments:

Gillian McMurray said...

A fabulous collection. A splash of colour in the mail. Love the colour of the chain and the little rocks. And, yes, I do have a stash of things that I consider too beautiful to use. I have papers that I bought years ago and cannot bring myself to cut into. :o)

Anonymous said...

Whoa...total state of drool over here. Awesome collection!

azirca said...

What delightful goodies to come home to. The verdigris chain is very fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE getting good stuff in the mail - especially mail art - and yes Seth - I have many stashes of "saves" - trying to bust into them lately...

xox - eb.

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

Thank you for your purchase Seth!! I have about 12 drawers full of paper that I cannot think about using..LOL.

Leslie said...

Oh boy! A trip to Greece and a mail call jackpot! So many cool things too.

I also have an every-growing collection of things too cool to use.

Chris said...

These gifts are so pretty. I love that accordian collage, and that chain is so touchable!

Ro Bruhn said...

What a cool collection. I love the painting, Colour's my middle name. The chain's pretty awesome too.

Penelope said...

I have the problem of having things too precious to use as well, yes! Some of my jewellery stash, 19th century lawyers letters, things that have such a perfect aged look that I can't bare to let them go...

Kristy C said...

Those are some awesome purchases there, Seth!! That chain is awesome with its gorgeous patina :)

Anonymous said...

I also have tons of stuff(marvelous stuff) I CAN NOT bring myself to use-papers, OLD pictures and especially embellishments(things I've bought that I swore I'd use in my altered art-yea right!). My home burned down 12-20-07 so I'm in the midst of rebuilding my stashes-can you recommend places I can get old papers like you received in your "jackpot"? I am so envious of those of you that have such extensive collections of MUST KEEPS! I'm not truly envious-jealous would be the appropriate word, but God is good I'm rebuilding my MUST HAVES AND KEEPS!